Saturday, March 26, 2011

Films 031 - 040

The Asphalt Jungle (1958)
Below is a list of the next 10 films that will be watched in the Empire 500 challenge.
  1. Ashes And Diamonds (1958)
  2. The Asphalt Jungle (1950)
  3. The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford (2007)
  4. Atlantic City (1981)
  5. Atonement (2007)
  6. Au Hasard Balthazar (1966)
  7. Audition (1999)
  8. Avatar (2009)
  9. Babe (1995)
  10. Back To The Future (1985)
Babe (1995)
As I reach the end of another 10 films, out pops another mini-list of 10 films. While none of the previous 10 films matched up to the genius of my current favourite Amélie, there were some good'uns in there!

My previous list of ten films asked why The Apu Trilogy was all under a single number. The answer? I still don't know. Each film was decent enough to have its own crowning glory - much like Lord Of The Rings has been awarded with.

As for the next ten films, well there are a few on there that I know of, and some that I have watched. I am fully aware that I may be severely punished by my girlfriend if I don't watch Back To The Future with her (wish, trust me, is not something worth risking) as it is her favourite film so this selection of ten looks like one of the best ones so far.

Onwards and upwards!

1 comment:

  1. Atonement is very good and quite emotional,(i wouldn't mind borowing it from you) and of course Avatar is visually stunning. Back to the Future is where it's at though. It has the comedy and the weird time stuff that I just love.

    ReplyDelete