Sunday, May 22, 2011

Films 071 - 080

The next ten films in the Empire 5-star challenge are:
  1. Boyz N The Hood (1991)
  2. Brazil (1985)
  3. Breaker Morant (1980)
  4. The Bride Of Frankenstein (1935)
  5. The Bridge On The River Kwai (1957)
  6. Bringing Up Baby (1938)
  7. Broadcast News (1987)
  8. Brokeback Mountain (2005)
  9. A Bucket of Blood (1959)
  10. Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid (1969)
So, after 9 films in 10 days (excluding the extra two in the Bourne series!), the last ten films went by pretty quickly. The fantastic Blood Simple was a highlight for me, the tension created was just brilliant.

The next ten films will hopefully be taken a bit slowly - I'm completely knackered after this lot. They also complete the group that end in the letter 'B' (which, after 80 films I think this is time enough).

I must say though, I've never seen Brokeback Mountain, so that'll be interesting. There is a good range overall between dates and this sums up what the challenge is about - variety.

By the way, on a side note, hope you like the new design. Hopefully it's a bit brighter and with slightly smaller text I hope it's a bit easier to navigate.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Butch Cassidy is the first (and so far only) older western I've enjoyed. Boyz n the hood is great, it's been on my must watch again soon list for weeks now haha.

    ReplyDelete